Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Exercise

You may have noticed that I changed my blog parameters for the months of June, July and August.  Instead of sewing 4 hours a day and then blogging about it, it's enjoy the weather.

Call me a teacher for life (OK, Hi teacher for life) but I think of the summer months as being "off" time.  Give me a break, you are thinking, you are retired!  Yes, I am but this was my job and now it's the summer!

I will still sew and blog but on a more whimsical schedule.

Plus, I am trying to exercise more.  Sigh.

I am swimming, I even swam a mile. 

I am biking, may even try my every summer ride to Harlem.

And I am walking which led to 5 bee stings on my arm.  Yikes!  But I will prevail and you know why?  Because you can eat more then!  You work off calories then you get to consume treats.   Yes, I have always been consuming treats but now I am trying to be a bit healthier.  I record my food and my exercise at Myfitnesspal.com. 

I am trying!  But it does take time away from my sewing.  It is hotter and sweatier.  I need to balance it all a bit better.   I need my sleep, reading time, computer time, reading time, family time, friend time and now time to exercise. 

I will work it out but it's the summer, it's meant for outdoor fun.

I will still blog, just maybe not as much!

Sew happy!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on enjoying the summer time and reducing the number of blogs you do during the summer.

    Have fun exercising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may have already run its course.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.